Novagg Limited together with Imperial College London and a
leading industrial partner have developed a new and highly sustainable or ‘green’ lightweight structural aggregate,
novagg® key points:
- made from 98% recycled waste.
- massive reduction in firing temperature (400° C lower) and time lowering carbon footprint and environmental
- waste is transformed into a new and sustainable material.
- engineered pellets with market-leading specification in terms of density and strength.
- pellets are vitreous/closed pore with extremely low water absorption (<7%).
- excellent thermal and noise insulation potential.
- successful result of a 3-year research and development project part-funded by the UK Government’s Technology Strategy Board.
- business case demonstrates relatively low unit cost for product and in applications.
- subject of an international patent application.
- collaborative work currently being carried out on testing materials for several multi-national companies.
- a major international industrial group is working with us as an informal partner on process technology.
- objective is for novagg® to become an international ‘green’ construction material of choice.
- now seeking global partners from across the supply chain in order to share the benefits of this exciting new product.